6 Beauty Best of 2012
This past year there have been so many new and wonderful products introduce in the world of beauty. Revlon has released some amazing cosmetics and the BB cream became a huge trendy in twenty-twelve. Here are the top 6 cosmetic products released in 2012.
6. L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Cream: A new form of tinted moisturizer B.B. (Blemish Balm) creams has become the latest trend in the beauty industry. The L’Oreal B.B. cream ($10) helps to moisturize, even out and luminize the skin. Feeling incredibly lightweight and natural looking the product can be used only or as a primer for foundation.
5. L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows: According to L’Oreal the eye-shadows ($8) “contain ultra-concentrated colour pigments, for an intense colour finish.” The packaging for the product has a highly sophisticated design and the shadows themselves have silky consistency, which make them easy to apply and blend.
4. Revlon Colorstay Smoky Shadow Sticks: Another new addition the brands Colorstay collection, these shadow sticks, come in five different double-sided shade sets, containing both a light and dark shade. The colors glide on to the eyelids effortlessly; they are creamy and long-lasting without becoming dry throughout the day.
3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain: A more affordable version of some higher-end products such as Clinique Chubby Sticks and Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint. At first I found myself having a love-hate relationship with these crayon-like lip stains, but after a month of using the product, I found them to be not only reasonably priced ($8), but convent to use with a vast selection of lip colors.
2. Maybelline New York Color Tattoos: In early 2012, these cream eye-shadows ($7) hit the market. Advertised as a 24-hour crease-less non-fading cream shadow that can be worn alone or a base for other eye-shadows, the concept seemed almost to go to be true. However, the product has lived up to its name becoming more popular than its high-end counterpart, MAC Paint Pots.
1. Revlon Whipped Creme Foundation: In my opinion, the best cosmetic release of twenty-twelve was the “Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Foundation.” The brands summer foundation sparked a beauty blogger fire with numerous reviews and rants on the product; making it perhaps the most raved about creation of 2012. Priced at $11.99, which is a bit steep for a drugstore foundation but well worth the amount. The whipped cream texture goes on smooth and blends into the skin giving the appearance of a flawless complexion.
*Disclaimer: Credit for the photo used in this article goes to DeviantArt Artist KeikoKup.*