Snag A Job In Style
When interviewing for a job you do not have to compromise looking stylish with looking professional. Shows those job interviewers that you have not only got brains but fashion sense too. Although, looking fabulous is a must remember that modesty is the key to job fashion. Here are some tips that can help you achieve the perfect interview outfit.
1. Button Down Shirts: For an interview, the safest choice would be to wear a button down shirt. A long sleeve button down would be the most appropriate, but a short sleeve one could work provided it is paired with a blazer.
2. Pencil Skirt: Nothing says working girl like a pencil skirt. These kinds of skirts look good on practically anyone and come in different colors. Go for a basic black or gray skirt when going for an interview, a bright color or design might turn the interviewer off.
3. Tights and Hose: If you decided to wear a skirt or dress to a job interview never go bare legged. It is downright unprofessional to go without any tights or hose. Kate Middleton is the perfect role model for job fashion and is notorious for consistently wearing hose.
4. Heels: Flats might be comfortable, but heels mean business. Now I’m not talking about strutting into an interview in a pair of stilettos, keep those for girls night, but nothing says power like a woman in traditional cream colored heels. Stick to closed-toe shoes in a basic shade.
5. Nails: A lot of people forget about their nails when having a prestigious job interview. However, unruly nails can be a significant contributor to getting a position. If an employer sees a potential employee with chipped, neon pink nails they might think not take you seriously. Keep nails clipped, clean and clear. Though, if painting your nails is a must a French manicure is the safest style to go with for a job interview.
*Disclaimer: Credit for the photo used in this article goes to DeviantArt Artist ChristinaMandy.*